понедельник, 19 ноября 2007 г.

Stay or leave?

For the last 1.5 hours we were sitting at the MC-kitchen (best place for hosting conversations) discussing Democracy in Russia, citzenship & what we actyally gonna do with all this. My question was: "I don't know, if I'm corageous & committed enough to saty in my country knowing that here is the "right opinion" is not the voice of "demos", but the ruling party". And in Russia you probably can't be not loyal to it, taking some decisions.

Conversation & answers that I've got were one of the best in my AIESEC life. Because of 2 reasons:
- we are talking a lot about "me-part" of AIESEC experience, but rarely "society-part" althought it's essensial for making impact. And here I mean not issues, but feeling the part of particular society and fulfilling your duties as citizen
We in AIESEC don't use so much the word "citizenship" - to feel being incuded, being Part, being responsible. Not from the "power of one" perspective (I can.I will.), but from "me as a part of something bigger" perspective. Here I mean country, what is pretty different from "AIESEC world" where globalization is reality and borders don't exist (actually, I'm not fully agree with it. It's something we more pretend to be that really are).

- There is no "safe place" where u can make impact. And it does matter where you make this impact. Why should you care more about any "country with issues" than country that made you who you are? If you are looking for "safe place", probably you don't want to work hard?

Nastya.

Комментариев нет: